Saturday, March 12, 2011

Gemini

Dual Dreams

Futurama cast members and I are working through World of Warcraft dungeons. I retain the female form of my priest, it is odd being a woman, but there is work to be done so I don't dwell on it. The caves are foreign to me, but Fry and Leila seem to know the way. There is no real danger, so healing is easy and unchallenging, yet I'm having a fantastic time. My complacency leads to catastrophic damage. Limbs are torn from most everyone in the party. I have to recombine flesh with those of the monsters freshly slain. Tentacles, hooves, and nameless machinations become living extensions of my refreshed raiding party. Their grizzly appendages do not bother or hinder my appreciative group. Leila has escaped harm and Fry, easily the worst off, is now beyond recognition. Our quest is some long lost crystal, it's powers unknown, but it's importance paramount. We enter the final chamber.


I'm in a recording studio, sitting on a beat up, worn out, unmistakably stained couch. A female recording exec is sitting on the other end of the three cushion mess. She cozies into the soft cushions with no regard to her pinstripe suit. It is 1972, and I'm hear to record the beginning of various famous musician's careers. Jimi Hendrix is here. Bob Dylan, and Ella Fitzgerald are fighting over who will do the vocals. Barney the purple dinosaur is here as well, though I can see the man's face through the costumes mouth. I was surprised to see that Barney was played by an African American. I was more surprised that Barney's career started in 1972. Then Barney laid down the most impressive guitar track I'd ever heard, and realized that Barney and Jimi Hendrix were actually the same person. This made complete sense and I explained it to the exec. She was unimpressed as everyone already knew that. I lounged on the couch for several hours while the sounds of the seventies washed over my sleepy body. Eventually I fell asleep.

No comments: